Senior letter

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior letter

Dear Mr Lulu ,

I’m heading for college at BYU Provo and I just want to express how much I appreciate everything you’ve done for me. Your emphasis on respect and humility is something that I will cherish and act upon in the future. I will definitely miss the experience of participating in the Sagaoto Lui Samoan club and Poly Club. These two clubs taught me a lot about my character in life, and the emphasis on family and loving everyone changed my perspective on my current family. If it wasn’t for your encouragement to join these clubs I strongly believe that I wouldn’t be the same person. What I would definitely not miss is the punishments that comes from getting caught for dress code or grooming standards by you. I will always remember all the food you gave me and other students if we didn’t have enough money for school lunch.

My advice for next year students is to not get too overwhelmed with the college application process. College is a great and wonderful thing, and instead of looking at it as a burden, you should look at it as a blessing. The next advice is to love coming to school at Saint Louis. As Saint Louis students, we are privileged to attend a prestigious high school where the brotherhood is unlike anything that there is. My last piece of advice is to cherish every moment of your senior year. The last year of high school goes by in a heart beat, and the memories that are made last forever.

memor et fidelis,

Maika Hallums