New Year, New Memories at Saint Louis School

Christopher (CJ) Kato, Editor

The year 2020 is finally over, and what a year it has been! I’m sure I can speak for everyone when I say that Covid-19 has indeed turned our individual worlds upside down. Yet through it all, we are where we are today because of our past experiences. Despite the fact that 2020 is finally over, there are plenty of things to be thankful for and lessons to be learned from this past year. For one, most of us were able to spend quality time with our families and also learned valuable lessons along the way.

Like any calendar flip, but especially this year, 2021 is a year of hope and a year of change. I’ve already heard numerous New Years resolutions ranging from: Finding love, making new friends, losing/gaining weight, traveling more, to simply being a better person in general. For many, 2021 is a year of new beginnings, a fresh start, and a hope for change. Yet for others it’s one step closer to the inevitable end of a chapter in life; high school graduation. For the current seniors here at Saint Louis School, our four year tenure on the slopes of Kalaepohaku is coming to a close.

I remember like it was yesterday, sitting in Mr Abregano’s English 09 class reenacting scenes from Romeo and Juliet while constantly studying for those brutal vocabulary tests. It was key moments like those with teachers and fellow students that made my time here at Saint Louis School special. And it is those moments that I’ll cherish for the rest of my life.

People ask why Saint Louis School is different. And everytime I can’t fully explain it because it’s something one has to experience to know. Luckily for all students here at Saint Louis, we all have our personal reasons and moments that makes this school special to us. So to my fellow classmates reading this article, “Enjoy your time here on the slopes of Kalaepohaku no matter how much time you have left. Cherish each moment that comes your way and to never take anything for granted henceforth.”