FACULTY FOCUS : Mr. Soane Uiagalelei

Davion Fitchett-Grance, Features Editor

Behind the scenes, teachers have been diligently working to support their students and we’re proud to have Mr. Uiagalelei at the top of the list!.

Uiagalelei, a Religion teacher at Saint Louis School, has many goals in the classroom. “My main goal is to, at least, convey Christ’s love for us, and for the students to understand God loves you.” says Uiagalelei. 

Uiagalelei’s philosophy of life centers around his faith, “I remember in grade school I read, ‘Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you,’” he recalls. “That is my philosophy on life.” 

Beyond the classroom, Uiagalelei enjoys  “music, hanging out with my family, my wife, and traveling, adds Uiagalelei.  Unfortunately, when the Covid-19 Pandemic hit, some of his plans were put on hold. “We couldn’t travel as much as we wanted to.” adds Uiagalelei. However, he looks forward to traveling again soon.

Uiagalelei’s family has always played an important role in his life. “For me family is important, my relationship with my wife.” notes Uiagalelei.  “My faith is important to how I live it out. How am I contributing, am I making a difference in people’s lives, in whatever I do.” 

With so many different aspects to his life outside of teaching, Mr. Uiagalelei embodies the spirit of “Brotherhood” in his classroom as one of our SLS Religion teachers. He continues to share his life, faith and love of teaching with his students.