The Collegian

• The Voice of Kalaepōkahu

The Collegian

The Collegian

Polls

Would you ever consider joining the L.I.F.E. Team?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

“Crusader Content” combines Social Media with the “Brotherhood Spirit”

Carson Lee and Rex Paguirigan showcase the “Brotherhood Spirit” with the creation of Crusader Content: a social media page they have brought together that shares posts focused on the different activities and events that take place at Saint Louis School.

The two seniors work together to organize and create informative content that promotes the school’s image through the platform. They also receive assistance from Student Activities Coordinators, Tasha Castro and Teuila Tauaese, who help supervise media posts, messages and comments that the page accumulates.

The initial inspiration of creating this media platform came about because “an instagram account that uses the brand of Saint Louis School will help us along with many other students, faculty and staff to put out important information,” explains Lee. They are able to put out student information such as class schedules, upcoming events and activities. “Using Crusader Content helps us to communicate with the students,” says Lee, “As they practically all have Instagram.”

The social media web page provides school-related information and encourages students to become involved with school events.

Lee and Paguirigan both have specific jobs to create all the posts that are uploaded onto the page. “Whenever I’m at an event or a sports game by myself, I film videos and take photos to send to Rex, so he can add aesthetic elements,” explains Lee.

The Saint Louis community benefits from Crusader Content in so many ways. Kekama Cosma, a senior who follows the page, shared his thoughts on how it is helpful. “If we have a special schedule, they post what schedule to follow,” said Cosma. “And if we have special events or days where we have to dress up… the account posts reminders about it so we are constantly able to participate and nobody is missing out on anything.” 

Crusader Content is helpful for our Saint Louis staff, alumni and families because it helps them to stay connected to what’s going on from the perspective of our students,” adds Castro.

Lee is most fond of capturing the happiest experiences of our school. “My favorite type of content is sharing sports-related content to celebrate our student athletes’ achievements and boost school spirit,” says Lee.

With all the work that goes into this platform, there is no credit given to its creators. “We don’t add any credit to the people running the page because, ultimately, it’s more about our school,” said Castro. “Also, I think Carson and Rex aren’t about being in the limelight.”

Castro sees Crusader Content as a very positive outlook for our school. “It shows that we’re not necessarily just about sports but that we have fun activities that we can do that help to bring our school community together,” said Castro.

While the popular Instagram site continues to strive to share major highlights of Saint Louis events, followers should continue to take advantage of this incredible resource. 

Crusader Content can play a vital role in boosting the school’s online presence, promoting school activities, as well as encouraging school spirit,” says Lee.