The Homecoming Assemblies and Dress up Days

Alika Meyer

Homecoming is here and throughout the first week of October a bunch of division activities and assemblies are happening. The big homecoming game is on Saturday against Punahou at Aloha Stadium. The theme for our homecoming is animated movies each division is assigned to a specific children’s animated movie. Seniors have Lion King, Juniors have Toy Story, Sophomores have Minions, Freshman have the Incredibles, the Middle school has smurfs, and the elementary have Finding Nemo. This week is our spirit week and each division that participates will contribute to their final score after all the events are tallied up and the division with the most points will get a prize.

Monday, October 2nd is Jersey Day, on this day athletic shorts are acceptable and if the jersey is a tank top you must wear an undershirt. On Monday the assembly is the Coronation assembly which is where the homecoming king is named. Grades six through twelve will have a homecoming representative that will be honored at this assembly. There also will be the Letterman’s Court where seniors will be honored for their athletic abilities. On Tuesday, October 3rd is Hat and Crazy Sock Day, where students must wear casual shorts, and any type of hat and crazy socks to earn dress out points. The hats must be removed when entering a classroom. On Tuesday the assembly will be the Yoga Volleyball Challenge where each division’s team will go head to head in Yoga Volleyball.

On Wednesday, October 4th is Crusader Pride Day, where students are allowed to wear jeans, walking shorts, or athletic shorts with any type of crusader gear. The assembly is a Giant Board Game Challenge where each division’s team will compete against each other in board games like connect four. On Thursday, October 5th is Animated Children’s Theme students will be able to dress in their animated children’s theme. Students will have to dress to their assigned Animated children’s film. The assembly will be the cheer and dance off where each division will compete against each other, and as the judges are tallying the points for the cheer and dance the assembly will transition into a student of the month assembly where students will be honored for the academic, spiritual, and athletic accomplishments. Lastly, Friday, October 6th is Division Shirt Day, where students will be able to wear their division shirt. Students must wear jeans or walking shorts. The assembly will be the elementary school cheers and the dodgeball finals. Also throughout the school week, there will be food trucks and food vendors that will be at the top of the oval and gym and will be available to all students in sixth through twelfth grade.