Recap: Bowling Regular Season

Crusaders represented in state tournament

Joe Lyons, Sports Writer

As November approaches, fall sports are currently in, or near the end of their seasons. No exception for bowling, who finished their regular season in mid-October. With post-season swiftly approaching, the Collegian decided to check in with the Crusader bowling team to reflect on their season. We hunted down freshman Jett Tolentino and got the scoops.

We weren’t winning many games at the beginning of the season, but once the freshmen started getting comfortable, we pulled it together.

— Jett Tolentino

Jett explained, “We weren’t winning many games at the beginning of the season, but once the freshmen started getting comfortable, we pulled it together.” Towards the end of the season, SaintLouis students were putting up solid scores, winning matches, and ultimately games (as explained last article, a Bowling game consists of three matches). At the end of it all, Saint Louis will be represented by two Bowlers in the Varsity State tournament. Be sure to check out the scores section to see how Hunter Lum and Issac Salon do!

At the Collegian, we don’t know much about the life of a Saint Louis Bowler, so we asked Jett for some background. “My cousins got me involved in bowling, and I started bowling with them for fun in September 2016.” Jett gives credit to his coaches for developing his game over t

he past year. “It’s a very fun, but serious atmosphere.” Jett’s favorite time of the season is “everyday, bowling with friends.” As a freshman, Jett’s average score was a 145; respectable, especially for his experience level. Jett finished the season 52nd in the ILH, but already has his eyes set on next year.

“My goal is to make states next year, and to medal in Singles and Doubles,” Jett says of the future. Hopes are set high for next year’s bowling team, with a young team consisting of juniors and sophomores ready to make a name for themselves. Be sure to check on the Collegian athletics section for state tournament bowling results, and all other Saint Louis athletic schedules/results.