Why This Article is Supa Guud

Alika meyer, News editor

In the halls you will always hear students yell “Guud” and not everyone knows what the actually meaning of the word guud. Guud is a sarcastic form of good so it basically means bad. Most students use guud in a question for example “why are you so guud?” Students also use it to describe a situation for example when a fire alarm goes off students normally yell guud. Guud isn’t the most intelligent thing to say but it’s a very versatile slang that is used very often throughout Saint Louis. Most students tend to use it to describe other students football teams when they lose for example“Why are the Eagles guud?”

Why are the eagles guud?

— Jonah Yano

With this slang there also is a word that makes guud even more meaningful. People use the slang “supa” as a sarcastic way to say super and it pairs really well with guud. For example students will pair these two slangs to say “bro you’re supa guud at madden.” Supa is almost like a prefix but for slangs because it pairs so well with a lot of other slangs. Throughout prep rally people use the word guud and it is correlated with the hand motion that means ok. Guud is the lowest part of the spectrum and it escalates depending on the situations. When someone calls you guud 90% of the time the comeback would be bettah. Which is a sarcastic way of saying better I would say that bettah is more harmful than guud but it isn’t used as much. Students tend to have guud battles where one student would call another student guud and they would reply with bettah and the reply to bettah would be legendary and it would keep escalating all the way to hall of fame. Most of the slangs used are sarcastic forms of the original words.