Picking The Right College

Picking The Right College

Bo Wong, News Writer

When youʻre in your junior or senior year of high school you start to think about what college you might attend. Some students get full ride scholarships to attend high ranked colleges due to the sports they play. Other students get in for their grades or what they got on their SATʻs. Overall, they all usually have a list to choose from, but how do you know what college to choose? You should make a checklist of the steps to take to find the right college for you. Letʻs say you get accepted to four colleges that were all on your list but you donʻt know which one to choose. 

” The only source of knowledge is experience.” –Albert Einstein  

• First, you should go back to your list and see what number those colleges were on the list.
  • Then, you should make a pros and cons list such as athletics, how big the school is, or how good the program for your major is. You should go to a college where you can get the best education for what you want to do for the rest of your life. 

The Walk For Knowledge
  • The next thing you should do is figure out what job you can get close to or on campus to make money to support yourself. You can use the money for things like groceries, rent, going out, or just walking around money. Jobs on campus may not pay that well but it would be very convenient since itʻs on campus. You could just go to class and then go to work. A job off campus may have a better pay and you might be doing something you have a higher interest in because there are more options. The bad side is that it could be really far away from campus because it might be hard to find good jobs close to campus.
  • Another huge thing to look at is what the colleges offer for campus living. The dorms could be really expensive or really affordable. It all depends on if your parents are paying for it or if you have enough money to pay for it yourself. Living on campus would be good for classes since youʻre right there. Living off campus could be cheaper but you would have more of your own privacy, itʻs really up to you. 
    • Picking a college is really hard but you should consider all these steps when choosing where you want to go to major in the profession you hope you will do for the rest of your life. 
College Classroom

Chatman, Lesley. The Walk for Knowledge. January 21, 2015. Pics4Learning. 9 Jan 2018
Marten, Greg. Campus of Adrian College, private college is Southeastern Michigan. Aug. 6, 2004. Pics4Learning. 9 Jan 2018

gordon, Matthew. College Classroom. 1/26/15. Pics4Learning. 9 Jan 2018