Featured Teacher March 2018

Barrett Smith, Feature writer

The featured teacher for March 2018 is Mr. Errol Christian. He currently teaches Religion and yearbook at the high school level, as well as being a homeroom advisor for the freshmen division. On top of all of that Mr. Christian is also the head of the Religion department. Mr. Christian has been a beloved teacher here at Saint Louis for several years. Having graduated from an all-boys Catholic high school himself, he brings a great perspective to what it means to be a Saint Louis man. Though Mr. Christian didn’t graduate from the slopes of Kalaepohaku his life growing up in Singapore gave him his own experience as part of a brotherhood.

After graduating from Saint Joseph Institution in Singapore he then went on to study at the University of Hawaii, and Chaminade University. He earned his Bachelors Degree in both Journalism and Economics. He later obtained a Master’s Degree in Pastoral Theology. Prior to working at Saint Louis, Mr. Christian worked for the Diocese of Honolulu. He says, “My job was to go to the Legislature and present the Catholic Church’s position on issues in the community.” Mr. Christian loves his job because he makes a connection with his students through his faith in God. One thing Mr. Christian really enjoys about Saint Louis is the bond between students that last with them for a lifetime. Saint Louis really reminds him of the high school he attended growing up in Singapore. Mr. Christian says that the bond the brothers share here at Saint Louis is a lifetime bond.

Always know what’s most important in life God, family, and true friends

— Mr. Christian advice for all Saint Louis graduates