Ap Exams for Students to Begin Soon

John Hasebe, Feature

As AP exams are soon to begin across our nation, 2.7 million students are expected to take more than 5 million tests this May according to College Board, the company responsible for setting up the exams nationwide. A good amount of students at Saint Louis are also be preparing for the upcoming AP tests. The AP exams will show universities and colleges how well these students know and understand college level courses and studies. By doing well in the AP exams, it can give students a good name when going to college. Depending on which college they attend, their AP scores could be counted as credits for some basic courses. AP classes challenge students and are a great way to help boost the academic level of high school students in this country. There are many benefits to AP level courses as it allows those with a higher intellectual capacity and/or a strong passion to learn to thrive in school. However, to do well there are some tips that students should know before taking these exams.

Studying and looking back at notes taken during the school year can help students review and remember what they have learned for the exam. Normally this is done one month before the actual exam. Mock tests are also a good way to practice for the exam as it can introduce students to a testing environment and mentally prepare them. Mock tests can also show where students need to improve and it gives them a good idea on what they should study more on. Another great tactic to do well in the exam is to eat healthy and get lots of rest. Our brain works best and is most alert when eating healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables. There also many scientific evidence that points to a regular sleeping schedule improving people’s cognitive abilities. However the best way to get a good score on the test is to, of course, be passionate about the subject you are learning.