Senior Spotlight: Skyler Goo

Lexzen Agbayani-Shibao, Writer

Have you heard of one of the top soccer players in the state by the name of Skyler Goo? Skyler Goo was tied in Division II with the most goals scored in the country. Although Goo and the Crusaders came up short in the Division II state championship against Kapaa, that does not take or put shame on Goo’s name. He is still one of the top players in Division II and even in the whole state. Goo also made Division II All-State team. He has received many offers from many from the top soccer Colleges in the country one, for example, is Portland State University. I asked Goo “What will you do after high school?” He replied, “Play Division I soccer at UNLV and major in construction engineering.”

Skyler Goo is originally from Mililani, although he moved to Pearl City for a little bit. He ended up moving back to his hometown, Mililani. I asked Goo some more questions, one question I asked him was “When did you start attending Saint Louis?” He said, “I started Saint Louis in 8th grade.” Another question I asked him was “What was your most memorable memory at Saint Louis so far?” He stated, “When we made states for soccer for the first time in school history.” That is quite the accomplishment to be apart of the first Saint Louis soccer team ever to make states. Lastly, I asked him “How would you explain Saint Louis to a boy who wants to come to Saint Louis?” He said “I think that Saint Louis is an excellent school because they always talk about the Brotherhood. Before I came in 8th grade, I did not know much of the brotherhood, but when you are at Saint Louis, you can feel it.