The Collegian

• The Voice of Kalaepōkahu

The Collegian

The Collegian

Polls

Would you ever consider joining the L.I.F.E. Team?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Revuelto named Crusader Varsity Basketball Coach

Mark Revuelto has been named  the new Crusader Basketball Head Coach after Coach Dan Hale’s recent departure from the school. 

As the former Crusader Assistant Coach for the team, Revuelto recalls the moment he took the reins. “When I was told that I would be the new Head Coach, I was excited because [of] wanting, like anyone else, to have their dream job to one day be the head coach of their alma mater.” 

For several years, Saint Louis basketball has enjoyed its success, winning back-to-back state championships under Coach Hale. This will be the first year Revuelto leads the Crusader team as its head coach for Saint Louis.

Revuelto is prepared for the season’s challenges, noting “the biggest challenge this year would be to continue to do what we’ve been doing these last couple of years.  Continuing the path that Coach Dan left us and striving to win it again.”

With a number of returning players on this year’s roster, and adding several new red-shirt guards, Junior Caelen Fernando and Senior Luke Patton, from last year to the lineup, the team is looking forward to an exciting season.  

“My expectations for the team are –  there are no expectations but to get better and better everyday,” explains Revuelto. “It’s not just basketball, but life lessons, to become a better student, brother, son and friend.”

After several close games and a high intensity atmosphere, Revuelto says the team is looking forward to many things this season which include, “Punahou because that’s where Coach Dan is at now,” shares Revuelto, “but Punahou is a great team with a lot of talent, and they beat us twice last year so that’s going to be a fun matchup.”  

The Crusaders also look forward to once again meeting Maryknoll on the court, and always find those games fun and exciting.  Caelen Fernando, a Junior Guard on the team, looks forward to Revuelto’s leadership this year.  “Hearing Coach Dan was leaving and learning that Coach Mark was going to be our Coach was such a shock. I couldn’t really believe what happened.”  Despite the changes, the team is looking forward to a new season.

As Fernando considers the challenges ahead, he understands the importance of remaining focused. “One of the biggest challenges we will have as a team is blocking out all the extra noise and energy,” explains Fernando.  “Knowing people are gonna be saying things about us; we just gotta block it out and put it behind us.”