November Bash

November+Bash

A day to get some good food and eat as brothers together has been slowly decreasing in popularity among high schoolers throughout the past four years. This last bash was decently promoted and had the best food options yet, but still was not able to attract the majority of the high school student body.

We need to have our high school teachers close their classroom during lunch for one day each month during the bash

— Mrs. Vegas

In the past, there has been a solid excuse for the high schoolers not to show up to the bash. This was that the middle school consumed all the food available for purchase before high schoolers got the chance to eat. However with four different groups selling food at our November bash, we had ample food after middle school was finished, and still, only a few students from high school showed up to eat. Why does this continue to happen?

I spoke to student activities advisor Mrs. Vegas to try and find out. When asked about the small percentage of high schoolers showing up to the bash, Mrs. Vegas seemed to believe that high schoolers were in different teachers classrooms eating. After being asked about a possible solution she replied, “We need to have our high school teachers close their classroom during lunch for one day each month during the bash, and tell students to come support the different clubs selling food items.” This could definitely work, however, the possibility of it being enforced seems slim.