The Collegian

• The Voice of Kalaepōkahu

The Collegian

The Collegian

Polls

Would you ever consider joining the L.I.F.E. Team?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Akeo passionate about Indigenous Science and Forensics

Saint Louis School welcomed its newest science teacher, Thomas Akeo. He is passionate about teaching Indigenous and Forensic Science classes. With a background in Aerospace engineering and a specialization in forensic engineering, Mr. Akeo is excited to fulfill his dream.

“I truly love teaching Forensics and am very passionate about it. I also really enjoy teaching indigenous science,” expressed Mr. Akeo. His familial connection to the school adds a personal touch to his role as a new teacher.  Mr. Akeo’s connection to Saint Louis School runs deep. He revealed, “Mr. Hanohano is my cousin, and my maternal grandfather, along with all his siblings, are proud graduates of Saint Louis.” This familial tie adds a personal touch to his role as a new teacher at the school.

Akeo describes what he loves best about teaching: “I love dealing with the admin. I also love the student body, especially the high school; we can have open discussions.” He adds, “Saint Louis students are so open and love to ask questions, which is very helpful when running a class or learning environment.”

Akeo’s love for teaching Forensics and Indigenous Science is strong. “I truly love teaching Forensics and am very passionate about it. I also really enjoy teaching indigenous science. But what I love most is engaging in discussions and answering the questions that you, as students, have.”

John Watase co-teaches the Indigenous Science course and will work with Mr. Akeo in the department. Watase adds, “Mr. Akeo adds a wealth of knowledge not only with his science background but also with his life experiences and his take on his family traditions and practices.”